Tuesday 3 January 2012

Happy New Year

New Year 
by Ella Wheeler Wilcox

MORTAL:
The night is cold, the hour is late, and the world is bleak and drear; who is it knocking at my door?

THE NEW YEAR:
I am Good Cheer.

MORTAL:
 Your voice is strange; I know you not; in shadows dark I grope. What seek you here?

THE NEW YEAR:
Friend, let me in; my name is Hope.

MORTAL:
 And mine is Failure; you but mock the life you seek to bless. Pass on.

THE NEW YEAR:
Nay, open wide the door; I am Success.

MORTAL:
 But I am ill and spent with pain; too late has come your wealth. I cannot use it.

THE NEW YEAR:
Listen, friend; I am Good Health.

MORTAL:
 Now, wide I fling my door. Come in, and your fair statements prove.

THE NEW YEAR:
But you must open, too, your heart, for I am Love.

Source : http://www.apples4theteacher.com/




However, new year is not about firecrackers only.

No comments: